Control Panel is an important component available in Microsoft Windows that provides you with the ability to view and modify the system settings such as installing and uninstalling the programs, manage user accounts, add or remove hardware, etc.
What is the need of the Control Panel?
If you want to make any change in the settings of your computer such as changing network settings, firewall settings, etc. Just open a control panel and make changes.
For example, If you want to uninstall a program from your system, then open the control panel and click on add or remove programs.
How to Open Control Panel in Windows 8.1
There are various ways to open a Control Panel. In this post, I have listed five methods to open the Control Panel. You can use any one of the methods to open the control panel.
- Press Windows + X or right-click on the Start menu
- A Quick Access Menu appears in the left-hand side of the desktop.
- Choose Control Panel from the menu.
Method2( Using Run Command):
- Press Windows + R to open a Run window.
- Type Control Panel and press Enter.
Method3(Using Settings Panel):
You can open the Control Panel through the Settings Panel.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings panel.
- Click on Control Panel.
Method4 (Using File Explorer):
- Click on the Desktop.
- Double tap on the Control Panel.
Method5(Using Command Prompt):
- Press Windows + R to open Run command.
- Type cmd and press Enter.
- In the command prompt, type control panel and hit Enter.
Hope this helps! Please don’t forget to share it.