Err_Name_Resolution_Failed is one of the most common error occurs in Google Chrome while accessing the Internet.
We can never imagine ourselves without the internet connection. Today in the twenty-one century, there is an impossible to survive without the internet.
When you find Google Chrome showing the error, you became annoying as usual. Right?
But do not worry. You are lucky as we’ll guide you how to fix this annoying error.
The Reason Behind This Error:
There are numerous reasons for occurring err_name_resolution_failed error. The most common reason for this error is the malware or incompatibility between recently installed software.
How To Fix?
Method 1 – Netsh Winsock Reset
Open Command Prompt and execute some command one by one. Make sure to open a command prompt as an admin.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run window.
- Type cmd and press enter.
- Command Prompt window will open.
- Type the following commands one by one, make sure to press enter after executing each command.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
Now, restart your PC. See if your internet connection is back or not.
If not, then follow the further methods to fix this issue.
Method 2 – Change DNS Address
- Right-click on your network connection icon at the bottom right-hand side. For better understanding, you can see the following screenshot.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on your internet connection and then choose Properties.
- Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on Properties.
- Fill the following under Use the following DNS server address option.
Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
After all the changes, click OK.
Method 3 – Reset Google Chrome
The third and other useful method is to reset your Google Chrome browser to default settings.
For you have to do the following easy steps:
- Open google chrome and type in the URL – chrome://flags/ and press Enter.
- Locate the Reset all to default option appear at the right side of the browser.
- Click on it.
- Now click on Relaunch Now, appear at the end of the browser.
After that, check your Internet connection.
Hope this helps you to solve this error! Do not forget to share it.