You have seen various common errors in while accessing websites using any web browser.
And you know, how annoying these errors are! You may need to fix these errors as soon as possible especially when you are using your own websites.
In this article, I will show you how to fix this error with screenshots.
First of all, we should know what the various causes of this error:
- Your Internet Connection is interrupted.
- Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) blocks particular websites.
- Computer firewall blocks specific websites.
Before fixing this error, you should know the reason that caused this error and then use the following appropriate solution to resolve it.
1. Check Your Proxy Settings
Google Chrome uses your computer proxy settings as its own settings. Like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome does not have built-in proxy settings.
It can possible you may have used a proxy before and forgot to turn it off in LAN configurations.
To resolve this issue, go to Control Panel, and click on the Internet Options.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Now, click on Internet Options.
- Click on Connections tab(5th tab) » LAN Settings.
- Make sure the option is not checked as the image below. And then click on the OK button.
2. Reset Your IP Address
Sometimes, this error solves by just resetting the IP address of your computer. Do not worry! It’s very easy to reset the IP address.
- Press Windows + R.
- Types cmd and press enter.
Make sure you have opened the command prompt as an administrator, otherwise, you can not execute some commands.
To open a command prompt as an administrator, Just simple choose Run as Administrator.
- Type netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter.
Now, restart your computer and check the error if is gone.
3. Disable Your Firewall Or Antivirus Program
Sometimes, the firewall or antivirus you have installed in your computer blocks some specific sites and causes this error.
So, disable your firewall or antivirus program for some time. We know, firewall and antivirus are ideal for preventing your computer from viruses and malicious software.
But, don’t worry, It is a temporary deactivation. It is just to check the error is gone or not.
If the problem disappears after disabling the firewall, it means the issue was with your firewall.
Try to add your site to a whitelist to avoid any blocks in the future.